LEV Media Group represents a variety of literary and film talent in the Boston and New York areas. Scroll below to learn more about our roster of talent.
Voices is a documentary shot film directed by Brian Culkin as part of a TV show under development
Brian Culkin is an up and coming director, writer and producer of intellectual works. He has earned a reputation for delivering thought provoking political & social commentary to the delight of his audiences.
Prior to being fully entrenched in his craft as a filmmaker, writer, and artist, Brian graduated from Skidmore College in 2001 where he was a standout student athlete. After breaking every scoring record in the school’s history, he played professional basketball in Europe for a year after graduation. After working in finance briefly, he founded and became Managing Director/CEO of United Mortgage Group, a commercial mortgage firm where he managed a team of over twenty brokers from 2004 – 2010.
He is currently the Creative Director and CEO of United Creative Group, a full service, script to screen media production company with a mission to produce high quality, creatively infused video content for clients. Brian has completed 2 projects, a documentary called “The Mission” and a documentary short called “Voices” with another feature documentary in production called “24 to Heaven”. Brian also has a television show in pre-production called “Generation Impact”, and has three recently completed screenplays as well.
Brian also founded the online journal “The Gentrification of Boston”, where he writes essays and commentary on gentrification, global capital, and urban aesthetics. He also maintains his own personal blog, culkin.wordpress.com, where he analyzes cinema, technology, and boxing.
Brian Culkin Official Website:
Press on “The Mission”:
- Braintree man debuts ‘The Mission’, Braintree Forum, Robert Aicardi, 2/26/2014
- “Culkin on a Mission”, SB Wire, 7/2013
- “Mission basketball brothers focus of documentary”, Mission Hill Gazette, Rebecca Oliveira, 08/09/13
- “Sullivan on Mission Hill”, Boston Bulletin, Frank Sullivan, 1/22/2014
- “Buckley: Turners at center of documentary on Mission Hill”, Boston Herald, Steve Buckley 07/21/13
- “Ross: In Mission Hill, A String of NBA Success”, Boston Globe, Mike Ross, 5/26/14
- “Mission Hill Stars are Sweet Sixteen” Boston Herald, 3/24/14
- “New Documentary Featuring Former Kentucky Star Wayne Turner, ” SB Wire, 07/05/13
- “Upcoming documentary chronicles divergent paths of Turner Brothers,” Kentucky Herald-Leader, Leigh Dannhauser, 7/1/2013
- “June 19th podcast”, Big Blue Insider w/ Dick Gabriel on WLAP-630 Lexington, 6/19/13 (bit on “The Mission” starts around 29:03 of the first hour)
- “On A Mission”, UK Alumni Association, 6/13/13
- “After finishing degree, Wayne Turner hopes to help other kids overcome similar adversity”, Kentucky Forward, Alex Corkner, 6/12/13
For Informational Purpose:
- 3 Screenplays Completed
- “The Mission”
- “24 To Heaven”
- “Voices”, a short film
4 Stage Plays Completed
- Postscript on Boxing: The Human Body, Digital Worlds, and the Death of Boxing in American Culture
- The Perfect Crime: The Gentrification of Boston, The Gentrification of Life
- The Last Humans: Essays On Technology